Call our social worker at 305-858-8050 for an appointment and she will assign day and hour for your interview. On the scheduled date you must bring all the documentation described below. In order to avoid unjustified delays, please ask for the appointment once you have all the material requested. After the interview your case is submitted to the Evaluation Committee for their approval.
(You must bring all documents photocopied)
- Proof of legal residency in the United States, i.e. citizenship, residence or legal notification from immigration and constancy that specify applicant continuously have resided in the State of Florida for at least one year (12 months).
- Social Security card.
- Copies of the last three income taxes (yours, head of family or individual responsible for your financial support).
- Clinical history with cancer diagnosis and pathology.
- Referral letter from your attending physician to Liga Contra el Cáncer.
- If you have medical insurance that does not cover cancer treatment bring a letter from the insurance company stating so.
- Proof of household monthly income, including pay stubs, disability, alimony, child support, social security, retirement and food stamps.
- Rent or mortgage statements with cancelled checks, as well as, electricity, gas and telephone bills.
- If you live with relative(s) or friend(s), bring notarized letter from the head of the household stating that you are aggregated member to their household, as well as copies of the three last income taxes of the head of the family.
- Copy of last three months of all bank statements.
- Present a copy of your Medicaid application. Should you have not applied yet, you have to do it immediately. If you are ineligible, please bring copy of their notification.
- THE APPLICANT MUST HAVE RESIDED, BEFORE STARTING TREATMENT IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA CONTINUOUSLY FOR A YEAR (12 MONTHS).
- ONCE ADMITTED AS THE LEAGUE AGAINST CANCER PATIENT MAY NOT TRAVEL ABROAD, IF DOING SO, WITHOUT OUR PREVIOUS AUTHORIZATION IMMEDIATELY BE DISQUALIFIED.