Welcome to the Research and Resources section, which contains links to several online databases and sites which may be useful in your research for cancer related information.
General Cancer Information
- American Cancer Society
- Association of Cancer Online Resources
- Yahoo! Health
- Miami Children’s Hospital Hematology/OncologyProvides comprehensive care for children with acute and chronic blood disorders, cancer and leukemia.
- University of Miami’s Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Institute
- Outlook™Information specific to life after childhood cancer. From the University of Wisconsin.
- Online Medical Dictionary
- Global Links to Specific Cancer Types
- Mesothelioma Guide
- 1-800-4-Cancer – The Cancer Information ServiceA national information and education network, a free public service of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the Nation’s primary agency for cancer research. The CIS responds to calls in English and Spanish.
- National Cancer InstituteIncludes information on the different types of cancer, treatments, risk factors, publications, health disparities, and more. From the National Cancer Institute, a component of the National Institutes of Health.
- CancerNetIncludes a wealth of information on the different types of cancers, clinical trials, treatment options, coping and support information, prevention, genetics and much more. From the National Cancer Institute, a component of the National Institutes of Health.
- Internet Grateful Med (Medline)Search medical journals and databases of the National Library of Medicine.
Oncology Information for Medical Professionals
- OncoLinkNews, book reviews, and more from the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center.
- MediconsultHealth and Medical information for patients.
- comSpanish Internet health web site.